“Tax Return Return Flight” Sweepstakes
No Purchase or Entry Fee Necessary.
1. Sweepstakes Overview: The JetBlue “Tax Return Return Flight” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on April 11, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 25, 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
2. Sponsor: JetBlue Airways Corporation, located at 27-01 Queens Plaza North, Long Island City, NY 11101 (hereafter, “Sponsor,” “JetBlue,” or “JetBlue Airways”).
4. To Enter: To enter, visit JetBlueTaxReturnFlight.com any time during the Promotion Period and follow the directions to complete and submit the online registration, including a “yes” or “no” answer to whether you will owe a payment on your 2016 Federal income tax return. Registration must be complete to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, a day will begin at 12:01 a.m. ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET. Entering an invalid email address, invalid personal information, or multiple entries beyond what’s specified above will result in Sweepstakes disqualification. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. Entries must be submitted and received by 11:59 p.m. ET on April 25, 2017.
5. Drawings: Potential winners will be determined via random drawings from among all eligible entries received each day of the Promotion Period. Nonwinning entries from one drawing will roll-over into subsequent drawings. Sixty-six (66) potential winners will be selected for each of the first fourteen (14) days of the Promotion Period; seventy-six (76) potential winners will be selected for the final day of the Promotion Period. Drawings will be conducted on the weekday following each daily entry deadline, by PROMOSIS, Inc., an independent judging organization whose decisions in all matters relating to this sweepstakes are final. Potential winners will be contacted via email by Promosis from the email JetBlueAirways@JetBlueTaxReturnFlight.com at the address supplied during entry, and will be required to complete an online Winner Verification form and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of the date the initial email notification is sent to the potential winner, or prize may be forfeited. Any entry or entrant that is determined to be ineligible according to eligibility requirements, or any prize notification that is returned as undeliverable, or any potential winner who does not respond to the winner notification or refuses to accept the prize will be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from the remaining pool of participants received for the original drawing. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
6. Prizes (1,000): A travel certificate redeemable for one (1) one-way flight on any JetBlue round trip flight within the contiguous 48 states and Alaska (“Travel Certificate”). Prize will be delivered via email as an e-code to each verified winner. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Travel Certificate is $150, but will cover any one-way flight purchase. Total ARV of all prizes: $150,000. Each Travel Certificate is good for one-time use by one person in accordance with the travel restrictions identified on or in connection with the Travel Certificate. Travel Certificate is valid for travel from 5/1/17-6/15/17. All travel must be booked and flown within the specified validity dates. Travel Certificate may only be redeemed for one-way JetBlue flights to/from JetBlue cities. (Not all JetBlue cities connect; call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2538) for information on connecting cities.) Redeemed travel is subject to availability, blackout dates, and capacity controls, and seats may not be available on all flights. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Travel Certificate is not valid for bookings on Mint, partner airlines, or code share or interline flights, or for use in connection with JetBlue Vacations packages, cruises, or any other products or services. Travel Certificate is transferable; however, at no time may it be purchased, sold, bartered, traded on an auction website or otherwise exchanged for value without prior written consent from JetBlue. Travel Certificate cannot be partially redeemed, is not redeemable for cash, and has no cash value. Passengers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue’s Contract of Carriage. See http://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue_coc.pdf for details. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, or local taxes on the value of the prize as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use, including, without limitation, cost of return flight, if necessary. Limit one (1) prize per person. Prize does not include and is exclusive of taxes, fees, service charges, miscellaneous in-flight expenses, and any other personal expenditure. Any costs associated with the prize not specified above are at the winner’s discretion and are not included. Actual value of prize may vary based on winner’s location and choice of one-way flight. If the actual value is less than the stated value, the difference will not be awarded in cash or other consideration. Prize winners are responsible for arranging all travel in connection with the prize, and are responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documentation. Sponsor will not be responsible for replacement of any lost or stolen airline Travel Certificates once they are in winner's possession. Sponsor is not responsible for any postponement, delays, or cancellation of air travel in connection with the prize. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of such occurrences. No substitution for prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Government taxes and fees apply to travel booked using a Travel Certificate, are the responsibility of the passenger, and will vary based on route. Government taxes/fees are subject to change as required by law. Passenger must pay all applicable taxes and fees using a major credit card at the time of booking. To view more information regarding applicable taxes and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/taxes/. Passenger is solely responsible for fees for any oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately, such as Even More Space seats, pet fees, in-flight movies, etc. To view baggage fees and other optional services and fees, see http://www.jetblue.com/legal/fees/.
7. Conditions: Sweepstakes is void in Hawaii and where prohibited by law or regulation, and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to grant to the Sponsor and its promotion partners the right without limitation to use the winner’s name, picture, portrait or likeness, and voice in any future promotional material connected with this Sweepstakes, in any manner, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, where permitted, and that such use can be made without additional notification or permission. Winners further release the Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners, their advertising and production agencies, and Independent Judging Organization, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability arising from such use, including, without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of right of publicity, and defamation (including libel and slander).
8. Limitation of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes or the acceptance or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for (i) lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries or emails; (ii) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications; (iii) failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; (iv) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (v) other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (vi) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; or (vii) injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or Sponsor’s website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified & all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and if terminated, select winners for the drawing(s) at issue at random from all eligible, non-suspect entries received for such drawing(s) prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
9. Dispute Resolution: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. Winners List: For the names of the prize winners, send a standard-size postcard, only, with your return address to: JetBlue “Tax Return Return Flight” Giveaway Winners List, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Requests must be received by July 25, 2017. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
© 2017 Promosis, Inc.